Alexa, play Summer 2018 playlist.
Set-up (~1 minute)
First, link your Spotify account to Alexa
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap the hamburger (3 horizontal lines) icon in the upper left corner
- Tap Settings
- Tap Music
- Tap Spotify under the Manage Services section
- Tap link account
- Follow simple instructions on account linking page
Second, make Spotify the default music service
That way if you want to play Cardi B on Spotify, you can just say “Alexa, play Cardi B,” and Alexa will automatically play it from Spotify. With Spotify selected as the default, you don’t need to say “Alexa, play Cardi B on Spotify.”
- Follow steps 1 – 4 above to get back to the main Music settings tab
- Scroll to the bottom to Account Settings and tap Default Services
- Select Spotify as your Default Music Library
“Alexa, play [insert playlist name] playlist”
Pro Tip #1
When I listen to music, I generally listen to my favorite playlist of the moment. But I can never remember the exact Spotify playlist name to summon it with Alexa.
Pro Tip #2
You can easily change the routine to play a different Spotify playlist.
Pro Tip #3
If you want to easily summon multiple playlists, create a few routines with different Alexa command triggers. For example, “Alexa, morning playlist,””Alexa, relaxing playlist,””Alexa, energize playlist,” etc.