Alexa, play Otis Redding radio.
Playing a Pandora station on Alexa is surprisingly easy
Set-up (~1 minute)
First, link your Pandora account to Alexa
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap the hamburger (3 horizontal lines) icon in the upper left corner
- Tap Settings
- Tap Music
- Tap Pandora under the Manage Services section
- Tap link account
- Follow simple instructions on account linking page
Second, make Pandora the default station
That way if you want to play Bruce Springsteen radio on Pandora, you can just say “Alexa, play Bruce Springsteen radio,” and Alexa will automatically play it from Pandora. With Pandora selected as the default, you don’t need to say “Alexa, play Bruce Springsteen radio on Pandora.”
- Follow steps 1 – 4 above to get back to the main Music settings tab
- Scroll to the bottom to Account Settings and tap Default Services
- Select Pandora as your Default Station
“Alexa, play [insert radio station name / artist / genre] radio”
Say “Alexa, I like this song” or “Alexa, I don’t like this song” while listening to a song on Pandora. Alexa will save your song rating to your station history just like when you tap thumbs-up or thumbs-down when listening via the Pandora app or website.
Pro Tip #1
Every once in a while, Alexa starts to persistently confuse a Pandora station I want to play and turns on something else instead.
Pro Tip #2
You can easily change the routine to play a different Pandora station.
Pro Tip #3
If you want to easily summon multiple stations this way, create a few routines with different Alexa command triggers. For example, “Alexa, play Phoenix,” ”Alexa, play Otis Redding” and so on.