Want to change Alexa’s accent? No problem!
Want to hear Alexa speak to you in a British accent? Read on!
6 steps to change Alexa’s accent:
- Open the Alexa app
- Select the Devices icon on right side of the bottom navigation bar
- Tap the Echo & Alexa icon on the top left
- Tap the device for which you want to change Alexa’s accent
- Scroll down and tap Language under the General section
- Tap the accent/language of your choice (British accent would be the English (United Kingdom) option)
Pro Tip: Changes you make only effect the device you tapped in step 4. You’ll have to update Alexa’s accent for each of your Alexa devices individually.
VoiceBrew: Get more out of Alexa with a daily Alexa tip delivered to your inbox
I created VoiceBrew to help people get more out of the Amazon Alexa voice assistant. Whether you’re just setting up your first Alexa speaker or smart display or you’re a seasoned pro looking for advanced tips, VoiceBrew can help.
There are so many life-changing ways to use Alexa, but most people aren’t familiar with all of the things Alexa can do. By signing up for VoiceBrew, you’ll receive a free daily email with one actually awesome thing to try with Alexa. VoiceBrew also publishes comprehensive how-to guides on all the best features and important topics like privacy.