Alexa routines can now kick off when your morning alarm goes off.
How to set up an Alexa routine with your alarm…
- Create a new Alexa routine (click here to see simple step-by-step instructions)
- Tap “When this happens” to choose your routine trigger (click here for helpful screenshots)
- Tap “Alarm” (click here for helpful screenshots)
- Tap “Next”
- Tap “Add action” to set the actions you want to happen when your alarm goes off (like the ones below)
- Set an Alexa alarm by saying “Alexa, set alarm for 7am tomorrow” (or “every weekday”)
- When the alarm goes off, dismiss it by saying “Alexa, stop” to kick off your new routine
Don’t have a morning Alexa routine yet?
Here’s why routines are great…
They let you automatically make something happen (like music turning on) at a specific time every day, upon an Alexa voice command, any time you arrive at or leave a place and, now, when your morning alarm goes off. You set it and forget it.
Check out VoiceBrew’s comprehensive guide on how to set up an Alexa routine.
Try this morning routine…
You can easily set up an Alexa routine to…
- Gradually turn on your bedroom lights
- Brew your morning coffee (all you need is an Alexa smart plug!)
- Give you weather, news, and traffic updates for the day
- And lastly play some morning tunes to get you out of bed
And you can now make all of this happen just by dismissing your Alexa alarm!
Check out the 6 Best Alexa Routines Right Now for more Alexa routine ideas (you can even use Alexa routines to keep a busy household on schedule!).
Setting up an Alexa routine is a lot easier than you might think.