Go from “Alexa, add bananas to my shopping list” to bananas on your doorstep in a few taps
That’s right: with Alexa, grocery shopping can literally be walking around the kitchen checking supplies and calling out the things you want to add to your Alexa shopping list (milk, eggs, oranges, whatever!).
With just a few taps, you can then get everything on your list delivered via Whole Foods or Amazon Fresh.
Here’s how to do it:
- Put what you need on your Alexa shopping list (Just say “Alexa, add (insert an item like bananas) to my shopping list”)
- Open the Amazon app > tap the 3 horizontal lines icon on the bottom navigation bar > tap “Your Lists” > tap “Alexa Shopping List”
- Tap the “Shop your list” button on the top right
- Select “Whole Foods” or “Fresh” (for Amazon Fresh), “Delivery” (unless you’d rather pick up) and your address where you want it delivered
- Tap “Confirm” (don’t worry, this just takes you to the next screen, it doesn’t confirm your grocery purchases!)
- For each item on your list, you’ll be presented with different options (like different brands of olive oil, for example). Alexa will select an option for you, and you can easily change it to one of the others
- Tap “Add selected items to cart” and then “Check out Cart” and you’re done!
Pro Tip #1
If you always get organic skim milk from a certain brand, that’s what Alexa will default to in step #6 above. So each time you shop, it gets faster to go from your shopping list to check out.
Pro Tip #2
In case you were wondering, Alexa is pretty good at this! I put “birthday cake” on my shopping list, and she gave me 4 different options I could pick from—including a really yummy looking chocolate cheesecake!
Pro Tip #3
Don’t forget that everyone in your household can add to your Alexa shopping list!