5 reasons why I’m always using my Echo in the bathroom
Alexa in the kitchen, no brainer. Alexa in the bedroom, of course.
But most people don’t think to bring her into the bathroom. Here’s why you should.
- Singing in the shower. This is one of the great joys in life (thank you, shower tile acoustics!), and with Alexa nearby, you can request and sing along to your favorite tunes along with your morning shower.
- Catching up on the news. Listening to the headlines while I’m brushing my teeth and getting myself together means I don’t need to do it when I sit down at my computer to work, saving me valuable time. And getting a heads up on the weather helps me know how to dress for the day.
- Checking on my calendar. I’ll ask Alexa what I have on tap for the day—which lets me know if I can linger on the shower or need to get a move on.
- Setting up reminders. Morning is a great time to go through your mental checklist. But instead of just thinking about it, get Alexa to help you with it. Say, “Alexa, remind me to call the vet at 10am” or “Alexa, remind me to return that library book at noon.”
- Waking up the rest of the house. Once I’m done in the bathroom, I can send out an announcement to everyone else to get up and get moving.
Pro Tip: Having an Echo in your bathroom is also a great safety feature in case you ever slip and fall in the shower, which can happen to anyone. With access to Alexa, you can call a loved one or make an announcement across your home’s Echo speakers to get help asap.