See if you can solve the mystery!
Who doesn’t love Sherlock Holmes? Whether it’s the classic books by Arthur Conan Doyle or the PBS series with Benedict Cumberbatch, he’s a fantastic character you want to solve crimes with!
Audible has a great way to solve a Sherlock Holmes mystery. In this interactive game (appropriately called The Great Game), you get make decisions for Watson, assisting the great detective as he solves a case. Every decision you make affects the outcome of the game.
Just say “Alexa, open the Great Game” to start.
The mood is perfectly set with actors with British accents playing each role, and the mystery starts when a mysterious note is pinned to Watson’s bedroom door. When it’s time to make a choice—say, go to the theater or stay home—you can choose from easy A or B options. And saying A or B makes it easy for Audible to understand responses, so things move along quickly.
Make the wrong choice like I did, and the story ends way too soon. But then you can go back and redo it, making different choices. There are 61 endings in all, so it’s fun to play again and again.
Everything is pretty self-explanatory with prompts, but here are the go-tos if you need them.
- Alexa, replay the scene. (Good when you want to redo a choice but don’t want to have to start at the beginning.)
- Alexa, repeat the question. (Helpful while you’re getting used to the accents).
- Alexa, go back to previous scene. (Lets you replay two scenes, to go back and listen for things you may have missed.)
- Alexa, start over. (Will restart the current chapter.)
- Alexa, skip. (Good if you want to move through chapters, when you’re replaying the game.)
Pro Tip: Want more games like this? Check out Alexa’s Choose Your Own Adventure skill, also available through Audible.