Vacuuming with an Alexa-connected Roomba is magical
… because you don’t have to do the work!
Once you have Alexa connected to Roomba, you can just say “Alexa, tell Roomba to start cleaning” and it will go to work 🙂
You can also use Alexa’s Routines settings to set Roomba up to vacuum at certain times, like when you’re out of the house.
- Go to Alexa app and tap “More” on the bottom right.
- Tap “Routines,” and then tap the + icon in the upper right.
- Enter the routine name (ie, vacuum) and the voice signal (ie, “Alexa, vacuum the living room”).
- Under Add action, scroll down to Smart Home and you’ll the device listed that you want to activate.
- Next time you’re going out, just say “Alexa, vacuum the living room!”
It’s easy to set up Roomba (or any other compatible robot vacuum) with Alexa…
- When you get the device, set it up to your Wifi per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Go to the Alexa app, tap “More,” and then tap “Add a Device” at the top of the page.
- Here, you can select the type of device (vacuum cleaner) and then choose from a list of manufacturers. They have iRobot for Roomba, but also brands like ilife, LG, Shark and more.
- Tap the manufacturer, and you’ll be walked through the steps for that device.