Alexa routines are great, but currently they don’t allow for this kind of more complicated set of rules. I hope they will soon!
I’m Daniel from Voicebrew, assisting Katherine. It sounds like you have a good solution, but I had another idea.
I have some similar lights from a different company, and they support what you’re asking for under a setting called “From Dusk to Dawn”. I looked up your lights, and they may have the same feature. If you have the model mentioned below, here are the instructions.
The Dusk to Dawn Sensor setting is available on the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera and Arlo Security Light.
To adjust the Dusk to Dawn Sensor setting:
- Launch the Arlo app or log in to my.arlo.com.
- Tap or click Settings > My Devices.
- Select your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera or Security Light.
Note: You can also open device settings by tapping or clicking the Settings icon on the Devices page.
- Tap or click Light Settings > Dusk to Dawn Sensor.
- Move the slider toward the right (Bright) if you want your light to turn on when motion or audio is detected even when the environment is bright outside (not recommend for battery life).
- Move the slider toward the left (Dark) if you want your light to turn on when motion or audio is detected only when it is dark outside.
Your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera or Security Light’s ambient light sensor automatically measures the amount of light in its surroundings and determines if your light should turn on when motion or audio is detected.