Daniel Hill here. You should be able to get Spotify playlists on your Echo Dot – let’s see what we can do!
Here are the steps.
First, Make sure you have Spotify Premium. You won’t be able to do this with the free version of Spotify.
Second, set Spotify as the default music player for Alexa. You can do this by:
- Opening the Alexa app on your phone,
- pushing “More” at the bottom,
- then selecting “Settings”, then “Music & Podcasts”.
- Under “Services”, select “Spotify” – then enter your Spotify credentials.
- At the top of “Music & Podcasts”, under “Settings”, select “Default Services” and choose “Spotify”.
- To test, ask your Echo for your favorite songs and it should play your “Liked” songs on Spotify!
Then ask for specific playlist, and you should be good to go!
Yes! Just push “Add Action”, then “Music”, then under play write “Liked Songs”, then Select Provider “Spotify”.
Worked for me in testing!