How do I set this up?
This is a good question! Katherine recently outlined all the steps for mutli-room playback using Echo devices. Here are the steps:
Multi-room audio is super easy to set up:
- Open your Alexa app
- Tap the Devices tab on the right side of the bottom navigation bar
- Tap the + icon in the upper right corner
- Tap “Add Multi-Room Music Speakers”
- Tap the Continue button
- Pick a name for the multi-room speaker group (I call mine “Everywhere”)
- Check off the Alexa smart speakers you want to include in the group (For my Everywhere group, I checked off all my Echo devices)
- Tap Save (it might take a minute or two to connect your Echos).
Then, when you say “Alexa, play Sirius XM everywhere” all the speakers should play!
Excellent information, thanks. Now if you could only do this on Google. I guess it is time to switch to Alexa.