I created a Alexa music playlist. When I tell Alexa to play the playlist Alexa doesn’t play the list but plays a random song I did not request.
Thanks for your question.
First, what music service are you using to create your playlist? It’s not clear if you are using Spotify, Amazon Music, or Apple Music – but whichever you’re using, that has to be set in the Alexa app as the default music service.
To set this up:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone
- Press the “More” button, then select “Settings”
- Scroll down to “Music and Podcasts”
- Make sure your Default Service at the top matches the one you created your Playlist in
- If you haven’t already, make sure you link your music service at the bottom of this screen.
- Lastly, if you’re using Apple Music or Spotify, make sure you enable those skills from the Amazon Skills Store.
Hope that helps get you sorted with your music!
Now scroll down until you find Music under the Preferences menu.
If you’ve not already connected Spotify to Alexa, press the Link New Service button and follow the onscreen instructions.