I don’t think that “Add as Emergency Contact” is conflicting with Ask My Buddy, but here are some things to check first.
- Have you updated your Alexa app to the latest version? Make sure to do that first.
- Can you make calls through Alexa normally? If not, you need to have your own phone number programmed into the Alexa app (and then you’ll receive a code via text message to verify the number is yours).
- Do you have a phone number listed for this contact in your phone address book with their name spelled the way you’re searching for it? Often times you might have the same person listed in your phone’s address book twice – once for a phone number and once for an email address – or once with certain spelling and one with a different spelling. Make sure the person has a working number saved in your phone with the proper name.
Once you check those three things, you should be able to set up an emergency contact by:
- Open the Alexa app .
- Select Communicate .
- Select the contacts icon .in the top right corner
- Select the menu icon , then select Emergency Contact.
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Your emergency contact receives a text message notifying them that they’ve been added as your emergency contact.
Hope that helps!