This is a great question. I don’t know why there isn’t support for AOL or MSN mail on Alexa, but I do have an idea that might get Alexa to read your mail for you.
GMail can support other email providers, including AOL. If you set a special password on your AOL email account, you can create a GMail account and then have it access your AOL mail.
This may take a bit of legwork to set up, but once you’ve created a specific AOL password for your Gmail account, it should work.
Once you’ve created the new Gmail account:
- Log into Gmail.
- Select the cog icon on the right and then Accounts and Import.
- Select Check Email from Other Accounts and Add an Email Account.
- Enter your AOL email address in the popup box and hit Next.
- Check the email server details and enter your AOL password where prompted.
- Select ‘Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server’ to keep copies with AOL.
- Select Add Account.
Once you’ve added your AOL account, you can set up Alexa to read your mail.
- Open the Alexa app, go to “More” at the bottom
- Select “Settings”
- Scroll down to “Calendar and Email”
- Select “Google”
- Add the new Gmail account you created!
It’s a bit of a workaround, but I hope that helps!