VoiceBrew is hiring a Part-Time Editor to oversee our newsletter content!
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing niche media outlet with a highly flexible schedule and ability to work from anywhere.
- Start Date: Immediate
- Location: Remote
- Approximate Monthly Pay: $2,800 – $3,300 (depending on experience)
- Approximate Hours Per Week: 15 – 20
What you get to do:
- Create and manage content calendar for VoiceBrew’s Alexa things-to-do email newsletter
- Stay current on the most useful and fun Alexa use cases by experimenting, testing and keeping up on the latest updates
- Manage VoiceBrew’s team of remote freelance writers using VoiceBrew’s Trello board. Assign 4 newsletters per week and edit them into final form in Mailchimp
- Drive subscriber engagement through concise, high quality content and catchy subject lines. Analyze how VoiceBrew’s subscribers are interacting with newsletters in order to constantly make them better
- Collaborate with Founder to create, schedule and publish partner newsletter content
- Collaborate with Founder (that’s me!) on overall content strategy and voice
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong editorial, writing, research and interpersonal skills. 3+ years’ experience as an editor preferred
- Experience with — and a love for — using Alexa in your day-to-day life, including with smart home devices such as smart lights or smart plugs (or excited at the prospect of getting started with Alexa)
- Obsessive attention to detail and quality control (VoiceBrew’s newsletters are quite short, but our tips work exactly as described)
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively manage freelance writers and keep Founder (me!) updated throughout the week
More about VoiceBrew:
VoiceBrew is a the newsletter for Alexa enthusiasts. Our mission is simple: to help people get more out of the Amazon Alexa voice assistant. We write for “regular” non-techie people who love Alexa and want to use her to their full benefit.
VoiceBrew launched in Jan 2019 with a handful of blog posts, and a year later we send 40,000+ extremely engaged subscribers an Alexa things-to-do email newsletter Monday through Thursday (here are some examples). We’re growing fast.
For more about me (I’m Katherine Prescott, VoiceBrew’s Founder & Editor), you can check out my LinkedIn profile.
Think you’d be a good fit?
Email your resume to email@example.com.