VoiceBrew is a fast-growing niche media outlet focused on the Amazon Alexa voice assistant.
We are hiring a Part-Time Editor to oversee our newsletter and website content. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a high-growth company with a flexible schedule, competitive compensation and ability to work from anywhere.
- Start Date: Immediate
- Location: Remote
- Approximate Monthly Pay: $2,800 – $3,300 (depending on experience)
What you get to do:
- Create and manage content calendar for VoiceBrew’s Alexa things-to-do email newsletter (sent Monday through Thursday) and website
- Stay current on the most useful and fun Alexa use cases by experimenting, testing and keeping up on the latest updates
- Manage freelance writers, including (i) helping Founder source writers, (ii) assigning content and (iii) editing it into final form in Mailchimp
- Drive subscriber engagement through concise, high quality, relatable content and catchy subject lines. Analyze how VoiceBrew’s subscribers are interacting with newsletters in order to constantly make them better
- Collaborate with Founder to create, schedule and publish partner newsletter content
- Collaborate with Founder on overall content strategy and voice
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong editorial, writing, research and interpersonal skills. 3+ years’ experience as an editor preferred
- Experience with — and a love for — using Alexa in your day-to-day life, including with smart home devices such as smart lights or smart plugs (or excited at the prospect of getting started with Alexa)
- Obsessive attention to detail and quality control (VoiceBrew’s newsletters are quite short, but our tips work exactly as described)
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively manage freelance writers and keep Founder updated throughout the week
More about VoiceBrew:
VoiceBrew is the #1 newsletter for Alexa enthusiasts. Our mission is simple: to help people get more out of the Amazon Alexa voice assistant. We write for “regular” non-techie people who love Alexa and want to use her to their full benefit.
VoiceBrew launched in January 2019 with a handful of blog posts, and a year later we send almost 50,000 highly engaged subscribers an Alexa things-to-do email newsletter Monday through Thursday (check out our newsletter archive here). We’ve published the definitive guides for many of the most popular Alexa features on VoiceBrew.com. We’re growing fast.
For more about VoiceBrew’s Founder & Editor Katherine Prescott, check out her LinkedIn profile.
Think you’d be a good fit?
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.