Setting Up Smart Lights is the Perfect Last-Minute Gift for Any Alexa Lover
The new Philips Hue Bluetooth smart lights are easier to set up than ever
They connect directly to Alexa with no hub (or wiring) required! All you have to do is is screw one of the all-new Philips Hue Bluetooth smart light bulbs into an existing light fixture and follow a few simple set-up steps. So don’t just give the smart light bulbs — give the gift of setting them up too!
Which smart lights should I get for my gift?
Make your selection from the 3 options for Philips Hue bluetooth bulbs below:
- Basic White ($14) — Least expensive
- White Ambiance ($25) — Mid-range option that’s best for dimmable lights and comes with different shades of white
- Multi-colored ($46) — Want to give your gift recipient the look in the photo above? You’ll have to pay up, but in return the recipient of this awesome gift will get to choose from 16 million colors — which is extremely cool! And don’t worry, it’s easy to put them back to soft white 🙂Pro Tip: If you’re really down to the wire buying this gift and want to be sure you have your bulbs in time for the holiday, head over to any major home improvement retailer and buy in the store. They should be pretty easy to find!
Is smart lighting really as cool as it seems? Yes!
Setting up smart lights for the Alexa lover in your life really is the gift that keeps on giving. Recipients of this awesome gift will be able to…
- Control lights with their voice — “Alexa, turn on the bedroom lights” really is magical. And the ability to easily turn on and off — or even dim — all the lights in a room with a single command is super helpful
- Change lighting colors — It’s just plain fun to turn your lights gold, purple and blue! It’s definitely an A+ party trick to set a fun mood
- Easily set up an Alexa routine to wake up as their new smart lights gradually turn on — This has been a game-changer for my husband who does not like to get out of bed in the morning!
Pro Tip: Go the extra mile, and set up a smart light Alexa routine for the (very lucky) recipient of your gift!