If You Haven’t Already, Personalize Your Alexa Music Settings Today
It takes 1 min to connect your preferred music provider to Alexa
Chances are, if you have an Echo speaker, you’re using it to listen to music. Don’t wait another day to connect your Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music, SiriusXM, etc. account to Alexa so you can stream your favorite playlists, stations, songs and artists (and not hear any ads if you already have a paid subscription).
Just follow the steps below:
- Open your Alexa app
- Tap the hamburger icon in the upper left corner
- Tap “Settings”Tap “Music”
- Tap your preferred music service (or “Link new service” if you don’t see yours)
- Follow simple linking instructions
Pro Tip: I recommend also setting your preferred music provider as the Default Music Library. Follow steps #1 – 4 above > scroll down to tap “Default Services” and select your preferred service for Default Music Library. By setting Spotify as your default, for example, you can just say “Alexa, listen to Cardi B” and leave out the “on Spotify” at the end.
4 more pro tips to personalize Alexa:
Keep customizing with these tips:
- Turn on Brief Mode. Shorten Alexa’s responses and keep her as unobtrusive as possible
- Customize your news sources.Customize your Alexa Flash Briefing to get the news you want to hear in 2-4 minute segments from your favorite providers (don’t forget to enable VoiceBrew’s Alexa Tip Of The Day flash briefing!)
- Track your sports teams: Set your favorite sports teams so you can easily get updates just by saying “Alexa, what’s my sports update?”
- Set your commute for easy traffic updates. Tell Alexa where you commute to so you can say “Alexa, what’s my traffic?” to get a fast update before you leave home