It’s Surprisingly Handy to Have Alexa Access in Your Bathroom
Listen to music in the shower, get morning news while you brush your teeth and more
I love having an Echo on my bathroom shelf, and I’m going to tell you about my morning bathroom routine to explain why:
- As soon as I step (/sleepwalk) into the bathroom to take my morning shower, I tell Alexa to fire up my morning playlist. Listening to music really helps me wake up, and I love that I can say “Alexa, skip” to go to the next song right from the shower (can’t skip a song from your phone when you’re soaking wet in the shower!)
- After my shower, I’m usually feeling more energized, which means it’s time for some morning news via my Alexa flash briefing (“Alexa, what’s my news?”) while I brush my teeth
- If you’re like me, a flood of things you want to remember to do later in the day will come to mind first thing in the morning, and it’s extremely helpful to have Alexa on hand to set reminders (“Alexa, remind me to email XYZ person at 10am today”)
- I also usually check my calendar and the weather first thing in the morning while I’m getting ready
- Sometimes, I even make an announcement on our bedroom Echo to wake up my sleeping husband 🙂 (“Alexa, announce that it’s time to rise ‘n shine!”)
Wondering which Echo device is best for the bathroom?
The Echo Dot with Clock (just $10 more than a regular Echo Dot) is definitely my choice. Here’s why:
- The Dot is the perfect size. It will easily fit on your bathroom shelf
- You won’t have to ask Alexa what time it is. Because the time is displayed on your Echo Dot with Clock! The extra $10 cost versus a regular Dot is absolutely worth it because it’ll save you asking “Alexa, what time is it?” hundreds of times over the course of a year
- Oh-so-versatile. No shelf? This neat Echo Dot wall mount is the perfect solution!
Bonus Tip: Check out the brand-new $25 Echo Flex plug-in smart speaker. You can plug it into any outlet to interact with Alexa wherever you are (including the bathroom, hallway, etc.). It even has USB ports! This “mini speaker” isn’t the greatest for music, but it’s excellent for controlling smart-home devices and getting quick info such as traffic and weather updates.