Set up Voice Match so Google Assistant can give you your personal info
Google Assistant’s Voice Match can help ensure Assistant knows it’s you, and give you exactly the info you need.
If you set up Voice Match, when you ask Assistant what’s on your calendar, you’ll automatically get your own personal to-dos.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Open the Google Home app
- Tap the circle at the top right
- Tap “Assistant settings”
- Scroll down and tap “Voice Match”
- Make sure your Nest speakers and smart displays are shown under “Shared devices with Voice Match.” If they’re not all there, tap “Add a device”
- Tap “Next” and then “I agree”
- Follow the prompts to record a few snippets of yourself saying things (this is how Google Assistant learns your voice!)
- Tap “I agree” to turn on personalized results and complete set-up
- Make sure you invite the other people in your household to activate Voice Match so they can get personalized results too!