Assistant knows where you’ve been
Google and other smart devices keep tabs on where you are. It can be really helpful when you’re out and about and need quick directions home—but maybe you don’t want your Assistant to keep a full record of where you’ve been.
Fortunately, you can monitor what your Assistant tracks. And you can change or edit what is tracked.
Here’s how to access it:
- Open the Google Assistant app and tap the button on the top right
- Tap “Your data in the Assistant”
- Tap the button on the top right again
- Tap “Manage your Google account”
- Tap “Data and Privacy” at the top of the page
- Tap “Things you’ve done and places you’ve been”
- Tap “Location history”
- Make any changes you’d like—such as turning off Location History, or asking it to auto delete activity after a certain amount of time
Pro Tip: Tap “Manage history” to review all the places you’ve been.