Just have your Assistant help
If you’re trying to have conversations with people who speak other languages, Google’s Interpreter mode will be a game changer for you.
Google can provide real-time translation between 44 different languages.
Say “Hey Google, be my interpreter,” and you can have a full conversation with someone in which you speak one language and they speak another. It’s really incredible!
Here’s how to get Assistant to start translating…
- Use the Google Assistant app or your Nest Hub
- Say “Hey Google, be my Spanish interpreter” (or insert almost any language you can think of)
- Start speaking English, and Assistant will translate what you said into Spanish. Assistant will both speak and show the Spanish translation of what you just said
- Assistant will follow along with the conversation and translate the Spanish speaker’s response into English
- … and then translate your response back into Spanish… and so on!
There are 3 different modes: “Auto,” “Manual” and “Keyboard.” Set it up on “Auto” in order to have a dynamic conversation with real-time translations.
Pro Tip: You need to make sure Assistant can hear both speakers for this to work.