Just say “Hey Google, what’s going on today?”
Google Assistant will run you through your day with a ready-to-go good morning routine! It’s just like having your own personal assistant (well, almost!).
When I said “Hey Google, what’s going on today?” Google Assistant gave me…
- An update on weather for the day
- A snapshot of my morning commute (not super relevant right now, but nice to have in the future!)
- A rundown on my calendar items for the day (I like to time block my calendar for the various things I have to get done each day, so the calendar rundown tells me both my meetings and to do’s for the day)
- A helpful reminder that I set yesterday (waiting on call back from my husband’s favorite bakery to see if they can send me something for him as a surprise!)
- 5 minutes of news headlines from Reuters (it’s mostly just headlines versus full news stories, which is nice)
Pro Tip #1
One thing I love about my morning update is that Google Assistant will both tell you your update and show you the various components on your phone’s screen (except for the news portion — that’s just audio).
Pro Tip #2
Google Assistant’s good morning routine will definitely work best for those of you who use Google services like Gmail, Maps and Google Calendar because that’s where Assistant is pulling the various pieces of info from.
If you don’t already have access to Google Assistant, download the free Assistant app right now!