With Google Assistant, you can send email without opening your inbox
You know when you’re about to go to sleep and you (unnecessarily) check your email only to discover you received some stressful late-night message that you definitely did not have to read until tomorrow?
This usually happens to me when I’m opening my Gmail right before bed to send someone a quick note before I forget.
With Google Assistant, you can easily send emails from your Gmail without having to open your inbox! I love this feature!
- Open the Assistant app (or walk up to your Nest smart speaker or display)
- Say “Hey Google, send an email”
- Say the name of the person you want to email when prompted (if the contact has multiple emails, you’ll be prompted to pick one)
- Tell Assistant the message when prompted (be sure to say the full message without pausing too long — otherwise Assistant will assume you’re finished)
- Assistant will read back (and show) your message to confirm you want to send it (you can also opt to change it before sending if you want!)
- Say “send it,” and your message will be on its way!
Pro Tip #1
The subject of the email will be “Email from Katherine via Google Assistant” (insert your name) and the signature at the bottom will say “Sent using Google Assistant.”
Pro Tip #2
This feature also comes in handy if you’re in the middle of doing something (like walking the dog or cooking dinner) and need to get out an email hands-free.