It’s so easy to set them up with Google Assistant
Smart lights are just as cool as you imagined—and probably even better!
There really is something magical about controlling your lights with your voice, turning your bulbs different colors just by asking, and using routines to turn them on and off automatically.
And it couldn’t be easier to set them up on Google Assistant…
- Open the Google Home app on your phone
- Tap + on the top left
- Tap “Set up a device”
- Tap “New Devices” > “My House” > “Next.”
- Google will look for devices
- Tap “Light,” then turn on the light (be sure that you’re nearby with your phone and the Google Home app open)
- Google will find the light to set it up
- Then you can change the name, and add it into a group like “Living Room Lights” if you have one
Pro Tip #1
You’ll need to have a Nest smart speaker or smart display in order for your bulbs to work with Google Assistant. Most of the newer bulbs won’t require that you also have a separate hub in order to connect to Google Assistant, but some older models might.
Pro Tip #2
In case you’re wondering you can have the same smart bulbs set up to multiple voice assistants—so you can use them with different routines and voice commands!