“Hey Google, wake them up!”
Teenagers are notoriously hard to wake up—but one of my friends has found the perfect way to make sure her daughters are up for school.
She created a custom Google Assistant routine that does the job. When she says, “Hey Google, wake them up,” the routine turns on the lights in their rooms and plays a song they find annoying—”Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves.
It’s super easy to set up!
- In the Google Assistant app, tap the button on the top right
- Tap “Routines”
- Tap “New” on the top right
- Tap “Add starter” > “Voice command” and type what you’d like to say to trigger the routine, then click “Done”
- Tap “Add action” > “Adjust home devices” > “Adjust lights”
- Choose the lights you want to turn on, then tap “Done”
- Tap “Add action” > “Play and control media” > tap the “>” then type “Walking on Sunshine”
- Tap “Save”