You can have your Assistant set the mood
Routines + smart home devices = an easy way to make dinnertime more special.
Fortunately, your Google Assistant makes it easy to set up a routine to turn down the lights and play some romantic music.
- Open the Google Home app, and tap “Routines”
- Tap the + in the bottom right corner
- Choose a trigger (probably a voice command in this case), and type in a phrase. (I chose “make it romantic.”) Then tap “Done.”
- Tap “Add Action,” then tap “Adjust Home Devices” and choose which lights you want to turn off. (Just make sure you have candles lit before you run the routine!) Tap Done.
- Tap “Add Action” again, then tap “Play and control media” and tap “music,” then put in the name of the artist, genre, or playlist you want. (I chose classic jazz.) Tap Done
- Tap “Save.”
Then you can use your trigger to start off a romantic night.