Say “Hey Google, good night!” to kick off a relaxing (and helpful!) bedtime routine
The other night as I was getting ready for bed, I said “Hey Google, good night” to see what would happen…
… And I discovered a great pre-built Google Assistant bedtime routine!
The routine can do anything from reading you a bedtime poem (this was nice!) to giving you a rundown on tomorrow’s schedule to even telling you if your phone battery is low (although sadly this only works if you have an Android phone!).
Here’s how to easily enable this routine:
- Open the Assistant app
- Say “Hey Google, good night!”
- Tap “Customize Bedtime Routine” in the gray circle at the bottom
- To add actions (like “Tell me a poem”), tap “+ Add action” or tap “+Add” next to any of the suggested actions at the bottom of the tab
- To delete an action, tap the pencil icon at the top of the tab and > then the garbage icon to the right of the action > then tap “Done”
- To customize actions (like picking your preferred sleep sounds), just tap the action > make your customization > then tap “Done”
- When your routine is ready, tap “Save” and you’re done!
Pro Tip #1
If you have an iPhone, you should follow step #5 above and delete the alarm and phone battery actions that come pre-built into the routine since those only work for Android phones.
Pro Tip #2
One thing that’s extra cool about Google Assistant routines is that you can pick a few phrases to kick off your routine. After step #3 above, you can tap “When I say to my Assistant” to add a few kick off phrases.
Remember: If you don’t already have access to Google Assistant, download the free Assistant app right now!