You’ll want to use Google Assistant’s NEW scheduled tasks feature all the time
Here is a scenario that plays out for me at least every couple weeks:
- You’re washing up the final dishes in the kitchen before you go up for bed
- You think to yourself “don’t forget to turn off that lamp in the corner when you finish!”
- Then you inevitably get distracted and forget…
- … until you’re all cozy under the covers and just about to doze off
- And ugh!! Back downstairs to turn off that freaking lamp!
Next time, just say “Hey Google, turn off the lamp in 15 minutes.“ You can make any smart home device turn on or off (or any other action!) at a future time 🙂
You can even ask Google Assistant to do an action tomorrow — just say “Hey Google, turn on coffee maker tomorrow at 8am.”
Don’t have access to Google Assistant yet? You can tap here to check out the Nest Mini. And remember that you can always download the free Assistant app!