It takes just a few minutes!
Voice Match helps train Google Assistant to differentiate your voice from other people’s—so you can ask for your calendar or your playlists, and Assistant will know to share your stuff.
If you haven’t set it up yet, take a few minutes and do it now!
Here’s how to get it done:
- Open the Google Home app and the circle at the top right. (Pro tip: If you have more than one Google account, confirm that you’re on the account that you used to set up your Nest smart speaker or display)
- Tap “Assistant settings”
- Scroll down and tap “Voice Match”
- Make sure your Nest speakers and smart displays are shown under “Shared devices with Voice Match.” If they’re not all there, tap “Add a device”
- Tap “Next” and then “I agree”
- Follow the prompts to record a few snippets of yourself saying things (this is how Google Assistant learns your voice!)
- Tap “I agree” to turn on personalized results and complete set-up
- Invite the other people in your household to activate Voice Match so they can get personalized results, too!