This is your refresher on how to set them up with Assistant
If it’s been a while since you’ve gotten new smart home goodies, you may need a little refresher course on how to add them to your smart home setup.
Here’s how to set them up:
- Start by setting up the smart home device in its own app (for instance, set up a Eufy bulb in the Eufy Home app)
- Open the Google Home app on your phone, and tap the + on the top left
- Tap “Set up a device”
- Tap “New Devices” > “My House” > “Next.”
- Google will look for devices (make sure it’s turned on!)
- Follow the prompts to set it up, including choosing which wifi network to connect it to (make sure you don’t grab your neighbors!)
- Then you can change the name, and add it into a group—so you can control all of your lights at the same time, for instance!