Google Assistant can help make sure you don’t leave anything at home!
Now that we’re leaving home a bit more, we might need a reminder or two to make sure we’re bringing everything we need with us. Fortunately, your Google Assistant is on it.
Your Google Assistant can remind you to bring your mask, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, or anything else you find yourself leaving home without, if you set up a “Leaving Home” routine.
It’s easy to set up:
- Open the Google Home App and tap “Routines”
- Tap the + sign to create a new one
- Choose a starter to start the routine (I picked a voice command—I say “I’m leaving”)
- Tap “Add Action”
- Tap “Communicate and announce”
- Tap “Say something” and Next
- Tap on “Say something” in the routine and type what you want Assistant to say—like “Don’t forget your sunscreen, your mask, and your hand sanitizer”
- Tap “Save”
Now when you say “Hey Google, I’m leaving” she’ll remind you what you need to bring!
Pro Tip: You can also add other elements to your routine, such as turning off your smart lights or other smart devices on or off.