You should definitely customize your Echo Show screen
Explore your Echo Show’s customization options
Get to know your Echo Show and explore other customizations you might like.
- On your Echo Show, swipe down from the top of the display and tap Settings
- Tap Home Screen to explore background and home content
- Go back to Settings by tapping the “<” icon next to Home Screen at the top
- Tap Display to explore different themes, set photo slideshow preferences and customize other display settings
Set personal photos as background of your Echo Show home screen
If you don’t have Prime Photos
If you don’t have Prime Photos, you can still update the home screen of your Echo Show to show the personal photo of your choice — but you can’t have a slideshow of rotating photos. Here’s how to make your personal photo the home screen:
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap the hamburger icon in upper left corner
- Tap Settings
- Tap Device Settings
- Select your Echo Show
- Scroll down to select home screen background and select a photo
If you have Prime Photos
- Say, “Alexa, go to settings,” or swipe down from the top of the Echo Show screen and select Settings
- Select Home Screen
- Select Background
- Select Amazon Photos
- When viewing an album you want as your background, say, “Alexa, set this album as my background”
- Select Change and choose the album you’d like to set as your background
Can I add the date to my Echo Show home screen?
Based on my research and input from the Amazon Echo Reddit community, this is not yet possible. I’d like to have this feature too!
At least you can always say “Alexa, what’s the date?”
VoiceBrew: Get more out of Alexa with a daily Alexa tip delivered to your inbox
I created VoiceBrew to help people get more out of the Amazon Alexa voice assistant. Whether you’re just setting up your first Alexa speaker or smart display or you’re a seasoned pro looking for advanced tips, VoiceBrew can help.
There are so many life-changing ways to use Alexa, but most people aren’t familiar with all of the things Alexa can do. By signing up for VoiceBrew, you’ll receive a free daily email with one actually awesome thing to try with Alexa. VoiceBrew also publishes comprehensive how-to guides on all the best features and important topics like privacy.