Alexa has some great ways to get you moving!
Sometimes I realize I’ve been sitting at my desk for hours without moving, which is bad for body and soul.
My solution? I’ve been loving Alexa’s short stretching sessions and quick workouts. The small time investment makes a big difference on my body and mood 🙂
If a go-to Daily Stretch, sounds up your alley…
- Say, “Alexa, open Daily Stretch”
- She’ll take you through a series of five stretches targeting a part of the body, like chest or hip flexor, with voice tips on form and on-screen illustrations if you have an Echo Show
- Each stretch takes about a minute (30 seconds each side), with a total running time of five or so minutes
If you want something more vigorous, try the 7-Minute Workout…
- Say, “Alexa, open 7-Minute Workout”
- On your first visit, she’ll ask you to customize things like style (low impact, standard or advanced) and music (energetic, chill or none)
- Then she’ll lead you through a series of 12 exercises—anything from high knee steps to planks to push ups (and what’s great is that every day brings something different since the series has 45 different exercises)
Pro Tip #1: Alexa moves quickly from exercise to exercise. If you need more time on transition, just say “No” when she asks if you want to move on, and you’ll get an extra 10 seconds.
Pro Tip #2: To see other options to get you moving, go to the app > tap “More” > go to the Skills and Games section > under “Categories” you’ll find an Exercise button that lists more options