Just say “Alexa, open HBO Max Recommends”
There are so many shows on these days, it’s hard to keep track of it. Which is why I love this new skill from HBO.
They’ve created an interactive Q&A that lets you explore all of the programing available on HBO Max, and create a personalized watch list (which just might include that buzzed-about Friends reunion — I’m pretty excited for this!).
- Say, “Alexa, open HBO Max Recommends.”
- Your guide will ask how many people are watching: 1, 2 or 3.
- She’ll suggest shows available on the streaming service. You can say “Yes” to add it to your watch list, or “No” to move on to another suggestion. Unsure? Say, “More Info” and Alexa will give you more details on the show before you decide.
- If you’re watching with multiple viewers, she’ll give each person a chance to say Yes or No to each suggestion. Only shows with all-around yesses are added to the watch list, saving you from disagreements when you sit down to watch.
- She’ll run through 7 or so options. When you’re done, enter your phone number and they’ll text you links to watch.
Pro Tip #1: If you have a favorite genre, like Comedy, True Crime or Drama series, you can have her just suggest things along those lines.
Pro Tip #2: If you have an Echo Show, you can speed things up by using the touch screen to answer Yes or No, and see images of each suggestion.