Just say, “Alexa enable the Start My Day routine”
Routines can really make your life a lot easier — they can automatically get the coffeepot going in the morning, play your favorite songs to coax you out of bed and give you a traffic update as you’re heading out the door.
If creating these routines yourself seemed like a lot of work, you’re in luck.
Alexa has set up several popular routines that you can enable just by asking! You can easily try some of my favorites:
1. Say “Alexa, enable Start My Day routine.” Then when you say, “Alexa, start my day, ” she’ll tell you something new, share the weather and traffic, and play the news from your Flash Briefing.
2. Say “Alexa, enable Focus Time routine.” So when you say “Alexa, Start Focus Time,” she’ll play a ticking clock, make a brief announcement, and play 30 minutes of focus-friendly classical music to keep you motivated while you work.
3. Say, “Alexa, enable I’m Going on a Run routine.” The next time you’re heading out for a run, just say “Alexa, I’m going on a run,” and she’ll tell you the weather, remind you to stretch, and play the workout pulse playlist.
You can also easily personalize the routines for you!
It’s easy to go in and make tweaks to Alexa’s prebuilt routines, or to make your own perfect routine.
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap “More” on the bottom navigation bar
- Tap “Routines”
- Tap the + icon in the upper right corner to open a “New Routine” tab, or tap on the Routine you want to edit
- Then make any changes by adding and deleting actions (for example, maybe there’s a different playlist that you like to turn on right before you go running)