Now you can assign reminders to your family members
No one likes to feel like a nag.
So instead of badgering someone, get Alexa to do the work, with tailored reminders.
It used to be that reminders could only be directed at the device, not the person. But now, U.S. customers can assign reminders to specific members of the household.
Just say, “Alexa, remind Colin to take out the trash at 6 p.m.” and she will display the reminder on the screen, as well as send a push notification to that person’s Alexa app. Yay! 🙂
You can also set them up via the app. Here’s how.
- Go to the Alexa app and tap More on the bottom right.
- Tap Add Reminder at the top of the screen.
- Type in the reminder in the grey box that says Remind me to
- Select At a time to choose a time, and you can select from a number of opinions, including which device shares the reminder, the date, the time, and how often you’d like it repeated.
- At the bottom, select who the reminder is for, from all of the names on your Alexa account.
Pro Tip: Sometimes the reminder comes at a not-great time. In that case, the person can say “Alexa, remind me again in 15 minutes” and she’ll repeat it.