It’s almost time for “Alexa, make it spooky!”
Halloween may look a little different this year, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun (and just a teensy bit scary).
Alexa can definitely help you get ready for the big day by ordering up your favorite candy (just say, “Alexa, order candy corn!”), offering you spooky music (just say, “Alexa, play the Halloween station”) or putting together a perfectly spooky routine.
I created a really fun routine, with spooky sound effects, dimming lights, and of course, the theme from the horror classic Halloween.
You can easily activate it for yourself by just tapping this link on your smartphone and updating as suggested below. Then just say “Alexa, make it spooky!”
Make this spooky routine work with your set-up
Before you tap “Save” in the upper right corner to activate the routine, you’ll need to make these changes…
- Tap the orange “Select Light” and follow the prompts to set up your own smart lights
- Tap “Choose Device” to select what Echo the sound effects and music will play from
You can also make any other customizations you’d like…
- You can change the trigger words If you’d rather say something else (like maybe, “Alexa, happy Halloween”), you can easily adjust it by tapping into “When You Say”
- Take out a sound effect You can delete the wolf howl or creaky door
- Adjust the smart light ambiance Update the dimness and light color to your preference
- Pick your favorite spooky song Not a fan of the Halloween theme? Replace the song with another eerie pick