Alexa, learn my voice
Teach Alexa to recognize your voice
It’s easy to create an Alexa voice profile linked to your name to help Alexa recognize your voice, learn to better understand you and personalize your experience in helpful ways.
For example, when I say “Alexa, play my flash briefing,” Alexa will play the briefings that I haven’t heard yet. But if my husband says “Alexa, play my flash briefing” then Alexa plays the flash briefings from the beginning.
Plus, Alexa will now say “Good morning Katherine” or “You’re welcome Katherine” when I say thank you. Nice 🙂
These features are way better once you’ve set up your voice profile:
Once a voice profile has been created, there are personalized experiences for the following features:
- Alexa calling and messaging: Play messages only sent to you and send messages only from you
- Flash Briefings: When Alexa recognizes your voice, stories and news items you’ve already heard will be skipped. This is perfect if you listen to Flash Briefings on weekends – if the Flash Briefing doesn’t have any new content, you won’t hear the episode you already heard
- Music: If you have the Amazon Music Unlimited Family plan, Alexa customizes music playback based on voice.
- Shopping: If you have a voice code enabled, you don’t have to say the voice code every time you complete a purchase.
How to set up your Alexa voice profile
Just say “Alexa, learn my voice” to your Echo device and follow a few simple prompts. Make sure the room is quiet. If Alexa already recognizes your voice, just confirm your name to complete the setup.
If you would like to set up Alexa learning your voice using the app, follow the steps below.
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap “More” on the bottom navigation bar
- Tap “Settings”
- Tap “Account Settings”
- Tap “Recognized Voices”
- Tap “Your Voice”
- Tap “Learn My Voice”
If you’re unhappy with the way Alexa learned your voice, you can delete your voice by following steps #1-6 above then selecting “Delete my voice.”
Want Alexa to recognize more voices in your family?
- Download the Alexa app on a different phone (or log out of the Alexa app on your phone).
- Log in to the Alexa app with an account that has access to your devices (or an adult account within the Amazon Household)
- Follow steps #2-7 above
- Once Alexa has been trained, you can log out of the Alexa app and log back in with your regular credentials
8 Alexa Settings That Will Seriously Upgrade Your Alexa Experience
VoiceBrew 22: The 22 Best Things To Do with Alexa Today
Best Alexa Speaker for You