Keep this post handy in case you forget!
Alexa uses the information you give her to get better at giving you what you want. But sometimes, she hears a little too much.
The good news is you can always use simple Alexa commands to remove recordings you don’t want her to keep—or just figure out why she did something unexpected.
Keep these 5 commands in your back pocket:
- “Alexa, delete everything I’ve ever said” (NEW!)
- “Alexa, forget what I just said”
- “Alexa, forget everything I said today”
- “Alexa, tell me what you heard”
- “Alexa, why did you do that?” (Try this next time Alexa does something weird or wakes up when you didn’t ask her to!)
You can set up Alexa to automatically erase recordings after a certain amount of time has passed. Tap/click here to see how to do it!