Just say, “Alexa, open Starfinder!”
Role-playing games are a lot of fun on Alexa! And if you love choose-your-own-adventures or are a big sci-fi fan, you’re going to love Starfinder, based on the popular RPG.
In this new adventure, you’re a former space pirate on a mission. You get to decide whether your character is a fighter or schemer, charismatic or magical. (I picked charismatic schemer!)
Like most RPG games, you set off on a quest, gather and use different tools and weapons, and interact with (and battle) the aliens you meet along the way. But this one features a great story and stars Nathan Fillion (from Castle and Firefly) and veteran voice actor Laura Bailey.
Your Starfinder cheat sheet
- Chapter 0 is a short-and-sweet 30-minute adventure that helps you learn the ropes of the game.
- Episodes 0 and 1 are free, but Starfinder costs $2 each for the remaining 5 episodes (or $9.99 for the complete season pass).
- If you have your own Starfinder board game, you can roll your own die and report the results to Alexa. Otherwise, Alexa will roll the die for you.
- If you don’t remember what an item in your inventory does, ask Alexa and she’ll describe it for you.
- You don’t have to play the game all in one sitting. The game pauses every few minutes, giving you the opportunity to stop and save your progress. (That’s good, because most of the episodes clock in at 90 minutes!)