Help Sherlock Holmes solve his latest case!
I’ve always loved Sherlock Holmes, the greatest literary detective—in fact, my very first book report when I was a kid was on Hound of the Baskervilles!
So when I found out that Audible has a choose-your-own-adventure Sherlock Holmes story you can play on Alexa, I absolutely had to check it out.
Just say “Alexa, open The Great Game” to start!
For this mystery, you get to be Dr. Watson, Sherlock’s famous partner in crime solving, and make decisions at key points in the story to help them unmask a new foe.
It’s also a really well done voice experience. Like all of Audible’s choose-your-own-adventure interactive audiobooks, The Great Game has amazing voice actors and sound effects to help really immerse you in the story.
Pro Tip #1
It’s got 61 different endings, so if you’re really a die-hard fan, you can start from the beginning over and over to see what happens if you make different choices at the decision points.
Commands to help you play The Great Game
Alexa will prompt you along the way when it’s time to make choices.
But to get the most out of the game, some of these commands may come in handy:
- Say “Alexa, replay the scene”
- Say “Alexa, repeat the question”
- Say “Alexa, go back” to go back to the previous scene
- Say “Alexa, start over” to start the current chapter over from the beginning
- Say “Alexa, skip” if you want to skip part of the story
- Say “Alexa, what can I buy?” to hear about optional bonus content to help you make it down the correct path
Pro Tip #2
If you love to be part of the story, you can try more with Alexa’s Choose Your Own Adventure skill, which offers a series of great stories to try.