Alexa, what’s my flash briefing?
Here’s how Alexa flash briefings work…
Alexa flash briefings are 2-3 minute news updates — and they’re available from almost every news outlet you can think of. When you say “Alexa, what’s my flash briefing?” Alexa plays the flash briefings on your personal flash briefing list sequentially.
You can choose from close to 10,000 different Alexa flash briefings in the Alexa app. Chances are your favorite news sources have flash briefings. You can add just 1 or however many you would like! Learn how to easily add them to your personal flash briefing list in the set-up section below.
Set-up (1 minute or less)
To add Alexa flash briefings to your personal list, follow these 8 steps:
- Open your Alexa app
- Tap the hamburger icon in the upper left corner
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down to tap Flash Briefing
- Tap Add Content
- Select a flash briefing or search for one by tapping the magnifying glass in the upper right corner
- Tap Enable To Use
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 for as many flash briefings as you’d like!
How do I… ?
Now that you’ve successfully set up your Alexa flash briefings, learn how to listen, skip ahead and pause and come back later.
To listen to the Alexa flash briefings on your personal list, just say “Alexa, play my flash briefing” or “Alexa, turn on the news.”
If you added Today’s Forecast and Reuters as your flash briefings, you’d hear the day’s 2-3 minute Today’s Forecast flash briefing and then the Reuters flash briefing directly after.
You can skip to the next flash briefing in your list (say you don’t need to hear the weather from Today’s Forecast this morning and want to go straight to Reuters), by saying “Alexa, next.”
Pause & come back
Pause your Alexa flash briefing by saying “Alexa, stop.” If you want to come back and listen to your flash briefing later, Alexa will automatically drop you into the flash briefing you left off on.
Pro Tip #1
Pro Tip #2
Easily remove a flash briefing you no longer want to hear from your list. Just open the main Flash Briefing tab in the Alexa app by following set-up steps 1 – 4. Next, change the toggle next to the flash briefing you want to remove to the off position.
Pro Tip #3
You can also change the order of your flash briefings — say you want to hear the Reuters flash briefing first and the Today’s Forecast briefing second. Follow the steps below:
- Open the main Flash Briefing tab in the Alexa app by following set-up steps 1 – 4
- Tap Edit in the upper right corner
- To move a briefing up or down on your list, tap and hold the two horizontal lines icon to the right of the flash briefing name, drag up or down and drop at your preferred location in your list
- Tap Done once you have ordered the flash briefings the way you’d like!