Just say “Alexa, discover my printer”
While I love all the tech options around me, sometimes I need something on paper. And fortunately, Alexa can now help me with that!
The new Print feature lets you print out lots of different documents
Here’s just a sampling of some of my favorite things to print:
- Lists – “Print my to do list” or “Print my shopping list” (I know you’ve been wanting to do this!)
- Games – Love crossword puzzles, sudoku or mazes? Say “Print Today’s Crossword Puzzle”
- School help – You can print out age-appropriate worksheets in different subjects (just say things like “Print a first-grade math worksheet”), or even make-your-own graph paper or lined paper to skip a trip to the store
Do This Now: Set up your printer to use with Alexa
If you have an HP, Epson, Brother or Canon printer with IPP enabled, it should be very easy to set it up.
Just say, “Alexa, discover my printer.”
You can also add it manually in the app:
- Click “Devices” in the bottom navigation
- Click the + sign on the top right of the page
- Tap “Add Device”
- Tap “Printer”
- Click “Discover Devices”
It takes a few minutes, but when she finds it, she will add it to your devices.
You can set it up so that she automatically orders more ink for your printer when it runs low. Just find your printer under “Devices,” tap “Supply,” and then change the reorder settings to allow her to automatically reorder.