Here’s your Halloween cheat sheet!
Who doesn’t love Halloween, especially after missing out last year? Alexa has loads of commands to add to the fun. Here are eight great ones to keep handy for chills, giggles, and to help out with any last-minute party planning.
- “Alexa, give me Halloween essentials.” She’s got great ideas for last-minute party planning, like using plastic vampire teeth as napkin rings.
- “Alexa, where is the nearest pumpkin patch?” She can direct you to the closest spot to pick up pumpkins, with the address, how far away it is, and the phone number.
- “Alexa, where is the nearest costume shop?” She’ll point you to costume shops as well as places that have costumes, like Target.
- “Alexa, play Kids Halloween on Amazon Music.” Your perfect backdrop for an all-ages party, or to get you in the mood while doing Halloween decorating or baking—and adults will like it too!
- “Alexa, tell me a zombie joke.” Alexa has loads of jokes sure to induce groans. You can ask her to tell a joke while she’s playing Halloween music; she’ll just joke over the tune.
- “Alexa, open Halloween Sounds.” She has a slew of creepy sounds to go with your décor. You can specify what you want—choose from bubbling cauldron, human breath, graveyard zombies, insane asylum, and more.
- “Alexa, give me a spooky rap.” Alexa loves to get corny, and this one sure is: a rap about Frankenstein and other seasonal ghoulies. But kids will love it, and hey, even Alexa deserves to let loose this time of year!
- “Alexa, start Ghost Stories.” This skill by L C Publishing is a game that takes you through a haunted house. You can make choices along the way that change the outcome, and you have the opportunity to gain strength via various elixirs. This game works best on an Echo Show, where visuals illustrate the story. The mood is definitely creepy, so it’s better for older kids who don’t scare as easily.