Just ask Alexa!
For many of us, working from home is still the way to go—and fortunately Alexa can make it so easy to connect via Zoom. This feature is available on Echo Show 8 (1st generation) and Echo Show 10 (3rd gen) devices.
Here’s how it works.
- Say, “Alexa, join my Zoom meeting.”
- If you have Alexa connected to your calendar, and the Zoom meeting in your calendar, she’ll automatically connect you.
- If you don’t have your calendar connected, she’ll ask for the meeting passcode. Read aloud the 11-digit Meeting ID from your Zoom invite. Next, she’ll ask if you need a passcode to attend the meeting. If you do, just recite that 6-digit number aloud. Then she’ll connect you.
Pro Tip: Frequent Zoom users, you’ll get on fastest when you connect your calendar with your Echo Show. Here’s how to set it up:
- Open the Alexa app and tap More on the bottom right.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Calendar & Email.
- Use the + button at the top to add an account. It automatically offers Google, Microsoft and Apple, or you can enter a different service. Just tap the one you want, then enter your user name and password to connect.
Side note: As of now, there is no way to connect a calendar to just one device. Which means that your calendar will be visible to anyone who uses your Alexa devices. Here’s hoping they fix that in the future—it would be a great update!