Have Alexa do it gradually
Labor Day has come and gone, which means it’s time for back to school, back to work—and back to early rising.
Make it a little nicer for yourself with Alexa’s ascending alarm. This is truly one of my favorite features, and I use it every day!
The alarm goes off at a low volume and then progressively gets louder, so you can wake up slowly—so much better than being jolted awake by blaring alarm!
Here’s how to set it up.
- Tap More on the bottom bar, then tap Alarms & Timers.
- Tap Settings, and then choose the device you want for the alarm.
- Next, select the sound. Alexa has over 20 options, from soothing Glimmer to fun ones like a roaring crowd at a Manchester United football game. Just tap on the name and she’ll give you an audio preview.
- Slide the sound bar to adjust your volume.
- Lastly, tap the toggle button next to Ascending Alarm to activate the feature. Blue means it’s active.
Pro Tip #1: Prefer to wake up to music? That’s easy! Say, “Alexa, wake me up at 7 am to Mozart” and she’ll start the day off by playing the station from Amazon Music.
Pro Tip #2: Or you can pick a song. Say, “Alexa, wake me up to Lovely Day by Bill Withers.” It won’t have the ascending feature, but it will assure a smile first thing in the morning!