I never knew about this feature—until now!
I am seriously hoping this summer will be filled with lots of events — and lots of fun photos — to make up for the last year!
And I recently learned that you can actually share your photos to a friend’s Echo Show with a few taps! A very nice surprise for the recipient 🙂
To share photos via the Alexa app:
- Open the Alexa app, and tap “Communicate”
- Tap “Share,” (the camera icon)
- Tap “Camera Roll” to select an image from your phone, or “Camera” if you want to take a photo. (In either case, you’ll need to allow Alexa to access your phone’s photo gallery and/or camera.)
- Select the photo, and tap “Add” in the upper right corner. That will take you to your contacts list. Select the contact you want to send it to, and then hit “Share”
- The recipient will get a notification on their screen that they received the photo. They can open it, and respond to it with emojis, much like a text.
- When you get a notification that someone has shared a photo, just say, “Alexa, open shared photo” and the image will pop up on your Echo screen.
To share photos via Echo Show (works if you use Amazon Photos)
- Say, “Alexa, show photos from Virginia Beach” (insert any location!) and a selection will start to populate the screen.
- If you want to share a specific photo from the Echo Screen, just say, “Alexa, share this photo with Claire” and it will go to her.