See how Alexa can help
How often have you heard a song and flashed back to a great memory with someone? Instead of keeping it to yourself or telling them about it later, you can invite them to remember it with you.
I love sharing tunes with Alexa. Here’s how it works.
- When you’re listening to music on Alexa and hear a song you like, say, “Alexa, share this song with [contact name].”
- They’ll get a notification on their device saying you sent them a message. When they tap the message, they’ll get a pic of the album cover and a link to the song.
- Then they just tap the play button or say “Alexa, play song,” and enjoy it along with you!
Pro Tip #1: The person on the other end needs to have an Echo or the Alexa app.
Pro Tip #2: The feature works with Amazon Music but also streaming services like Pandora and Spotify.
Pro Tip #3: Haven’t connected a streaming service yet? It’s easy.
- Go to More in the Alexa app.
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down to Alexa Preferences and tap Music & Podcasts. Here, you can see what streaming services you have linked, or tap the name of service you want to connect to, like Spotify or Pandora. Keep your name and password handy; you’ll need it to link your accounts.