Keep up with your favorite podcasts on your Echo
Alexa can play your podcasts directly from a wide set of providers
You can have Alexa play your podcasts from…
- Apple Podcasts
- Amazon Music
If you were using a 3rd party skill like Anypod previously, you’re going to want to follow the steps in the section below to link up your account on your favorite podcast provider to Alexa.
Why you want to link your account to Alexa. Once you’ve linked your account, you can listen to a podcast on your Echo while you’re prepping dinner or working, then easily pick it up on your phone when you’re out for a walk or run.
How to connect Alexa to your preferred podcast provider
Connect your podcast provider account
- In the Alexa app, tap the “More” button in the bottom left corner
- Tap “Settings”
- Select “Music & Podcasts”
- Under “Services,” tap the name or your service (or if you don’t see it, tap “Link New Service”)
- Follow the prompts to enable your provider’s Alexa skill and, if relevant, connect your account (It’s a little different for each provider. For Apple Podcasts, once you’ve enabled the skill, tap “Settings” > “Link Account” > and follow the prompts)
Now, set your podcast provider as the default
Set a default podcast provider so you can say “Alexa, play the Daily” (insert the name of your podcast) instead of “Alexa, play the Daily from Apple Podcasts.”
It’s really nice to avoid having to say “from Apple Podcasts” (or whatever your podcast provider is!) every time you want to play a podcast 🙂
Just follow these steps:
- Follow steps #1-4 in the section above
- Tap “Default Services”
- Set your provider as the default podcast service
Now you can just say “Alexa, play (Podcast name)” for the podcast to start playing! And if you tell Alexa to “pause” or “stop” the podcast, you can pick up where you left off using either Alexa or your phone!