It’s so easy to set this up!
Hands down, one of the most popular features of Alexa is her ability to stream music. Just say the artist, the song, the mood, and she’ll find it, on Amazon Music or on your favorite streaming service.
But what happens when you’re in the middle of a great song and have to go into another part of the house? Or you have to leave a True Crime podcast right when they’re about to reveal a twist?
Thanks to a new Alexa feature, you don’t have to miss a minute.
Just say, “Alexa, move my music to the Office” and she will. Or say, “Alexa, pause” and then when you get where you’re going, say “Alexa, resume podcast” and she’ll pick up right where you left off. Cool, right?
Pro Tip: If you don’t have your devices set up by room, now you have a great reason to do so. Choosing a group is part of the initial set-up, but if you didn’t and want to set it up now, it’s simple.
By voice command, for instance, say, “Alexa, move Office Echo to Kitchen Group” and she’ll do it for you.
Or create a Group via the Alexa app.
- Go to the Alexa app and tap Devices.
- Select the plus sign in the upper right.
- From the popup menu at the bottom, tap Add Group.
- Tap Create a room or a device group.
- Tap Next to name the Group by location, such as Living Room. Then, on the next screen, tap the devices you’d like to add.